Why You Should Be Using Cloudflare Today
Cloudflare is essentially a distributed network of servers that can speed up your website and provide an additional level of security. There are other CDNs out there on the market that will speed up your site, but Cloudflare is unique in that it does this plus many other services.
- Reason #1: Additional security 01:31
- Your traffic is going through Cloudflare’s network of servers, which filters out any unwanted bots, spam, and hackers.
- Reason #2: Improved speed 02:50
- Cloudflare will take a cached copy of your website and store it on servers all over the world. Then anyone in the world will be able to access the closest server, making the load times faster.
- Resource: Divi Chat episode about CDNs
- Reason #3: Premium DNS 05:03
- Cloudflare’s free plan allows you to do some pretty cool things that other companies would charge for, such as changing A records with ease, adding a new CNAME, and adding your MX records.
- Reason # 4: Instant propagation 06:40
- When you change DNS servers, it can typically take anywhere from instantly to a few hours for your website to propagate through the internet.
- With Cloudflare’s premium DNS services, you’ll get instant propagation.
- Reason #5: Page rules 07:18
- Easily set up page rules for redirects, with instant propagation!
- Reason #6: Save bandwidth 08:31
- Cloudflare saves bandwidth by filtering out the bad traffic on your site. Only the traffic from real visitors will make it through, which lowers your bandwidth and saves you money.
- Reason #7: Because we said so and it’s free! 09:50
- There’s really no reason why you shouldn’t be using it.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!