Is WordPress More Vulnerable Than Other Platforms?
- Why this is important 00:47
- Hackers are pretty smart and could potentially hack into any platform if they wanted to, but WordPress is definitely not more vulnerable than other platforms.
- This is an important topic because clients may ask you this question.
- WordPress does get hacked because… 02:27
- It’s the most popular platform in the world! Of course hackers are going to go after it. It’s a huge target.
- Another reason is that many people don’t update their websites, themes, and plugins. This leaves the website open to vulnerabilities. (You can put your clients concerns to ease by telling them about your maintenance packages for keeping sites up to date!)
- However, the bright side of WordPress being so popular is… 03:35
- There are tons of great plugins and tools to keep it secure!
- Check out Episode 38 for more info on keeping your website secure.
- If you have solid hosting and follow the recommendations from that episode, you’ll actually have a website more secure than most.
- So is WordPress more vulnerable than other platforms? 05:26
- No it’s not, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take every precaution to keep your website secure!
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?