What is Whitelabel Work & Why You Should Consider It
- What is it? 00:44
- The easiest definition of whitelabel would be “I do the work and you get the credit”.
- It’s very common in the web development field. A person or company will have a project that requires a skillset that they don’t currently offer and they will outsource that portion of the project to you. They still get the credit for completing the project and you don’t have to manage the client relationship.
- You can focus on the project, while the other person manages the client 01:20
- Depending on the project, you may not interact with the client at all. Other times, you may get pulled in to answer specific questions, but usually the other person or company who hired you will manage the client relations.
- It can be a steady source of income 03:29
- You can have a steady source of income because multiple companies could be sending you work.
- By not having to manage the client relationships, you will be able to focus on the task and complete more projects.
- You get in the rhythm of working with your contact 04:54
- After working awhile with the company who is outsourcing to you, you will get in the groove of working together. You work on what you do best and they focus on what they do best.
- You don’t have to close the sales 05:54
- You’re not having to find new clients and hunt for sales leads.
- If you don’t have a stream of referral business coming in, whitelabel can be a great way to bring in new clients.
- How much should you charge? 06:35
- It depends on the project, the agreement, and your preference.
- You could charge the same rate as you normally would. You have to do the work and you aren’t getting the credit for it (or adding it to your portfolio).
- Or you could charge a lower amount than you normally would because you don’t have to manage the client relations or close the deals.
- Is it whitelabel or in between? 09:34
- In some cases, it will be true whitelabel and you can’t show the work in your portfolio.
- Other times it is somewhere in between and maybe you can show it in your portfolio.
- It all depends on your agreement.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?