WordPress vs Squarespace- Which is Better for Clients
- WordPress: You own everything 01:32
- You own your content/design and can do what you want with it.
- With Squarespace, you don’t. You can move your content, but you can’t move your design and you are limited on what you can do with your website.
- WordPress: Plugin repository 02:20
- There are hundreds of thousands of plugins out there that extent the functionality of WordPress.
- With Squarespace, you can add some custom code, but only what their servers allow.
- Squarespace: For DIYers 03:20
- Squarespace is a great platform for DIYers, with a low barrier to entry.
- Squarespace will manage your hosting, security, etc. With WordPress, you manage all of this yourself.
- Keep in mind though that you do have to pay a monthly fee for Squarespace.
- For more information 04:02
- Final thoughts 05:37
- Obviously, this is WP the Podcast, not Squarespace the Podcast.
- We recommend that if you are serious about your business, you should be serious about your website. Go with WordPress and own your website.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!