Time Stamped Show Notes:
|00:38||Today’s Topic: Our Biggest WP Mistakes|
|01:18||Tim’s 1st Mistake: Getting Hacked due to crap hosting|
|01:40||Tim: “You can do everything right with security and still get hacked when on bad hosting.”|
|02:35||David: “You’re only as secure as your weakest website on your server.”|
|03:00||David & Tim recommend WP Engine & A2 Hosting to avoid getting hacked|
|03:35||David shares a mistake involving not having a good backup solution, & not communicating with your team|
|05:25||Tim shares his experience with not having a good backup solution|
|07:24||Have proper preparation when bidding on jobs, & have a solid contract|
How You Can Avoid Our Biggest WordPress Mistakes
- Have Solid Hosting! Cheap Hosting is cheap for a reason, and can lead to getting your website hacked. In this episode, Tim mentioned, “You can do everything right with security and still get hacked when on bad hosting.” And David mentioned, “You’re only as secure as your weakest website on your server.”
- WP Engine is our “managed hosting” recommendation
- A2 Hosting is our “non-managed hosting” recommendation
- Have a solid backup solution that automatically backups frequently! If something goes wrong, you can always revert to backup.
- For this we recommend using WP Engine (built in daily backups)
- We also recommend All in One WP Migration, & Backupbuddy
- Communicate with Your Team! Not communicating can result in work getting overwritten by other team members, as explained by David.
- Be Prepared when bidding on jobs, with proper proposals and contracts. If not, you can miss out on work!
- Have a proper payment schedule for getting paid (50% up front, 50% on completion before launch), and make sure it’s documented in the contract. This can avoid getting ripped off by a client that can’t pay!
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!