Why When and How to Fire Clients Part 3
- In person or over the phone 01:56
- When you first set up the deal, you probably talked to them on the phone. Give them the curtesy of speaking in person or over the phone.
- If this isn’t an option, email or text as a last resort.
- Be professional and respectful, don’t speak emotionally 03:17
- You don’t want to list out all the things they did wrong and burn bridges with the client.
- Always take the high road 03:51
- People aren’t going to change, so there is no point in telling the client all of their flaws.
- Same with point 2, be respectful and take the high road in this conversation.
- We cover this topic in more detail on Episode 254.
- You never know what is going on in someone’s life at that time. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Actionable examples 05:30
- “I don’t believe we’re on the same page, and I no longer think we’re a good fit. I feel like it would be best if we went our separate ways.”
- “I’ve made some changes in my business, and I’m taking it in a different direction.”
- When you are explaining to the client, don’t lie. But it can be better to be vague than to list the reasons why it isn’t working out.
- Always remember to be kind and respectful, but stand firm in your decision.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!