Should You Use Affiliate Links
- Con: People will think I am only trying to make money 01:32
- Some people have the mindset that if they recommend a product with an affiliate link, their audience will not trust them anymore. This depends on how you use affiliate links.
- David had this mindset in the beginning of his business. He was hesitant to use affiliate links because he felt that it would compromise the integrity of the content.
- Pro: People love to support those they trust and who bring value 03:48
- The key to not being slimy with your affiliate links is to give a ton a value to your audience.
- If you provide a ton of value and free content, then most people won’t notice or complain about a few affiliate links sprinkled in.
- Also, your fans enjoy supporting you and sometimes might even request an affiliate link to show their appreciation.
- Transparency is important 05:39
- Always be sure to disclose your affiliates to your audience. State that you may receive a commission on the purchase at no cost to them.
- It can be a great way to create residual long-term income 06:35
- Affiliate links can work especially well on tutorials. Tim has a tutorial where he provides a free piece of code and also links to a plugin for an easier solution. This way, his audience can decide whether to go the free or paid route.
- If you pair your links with great content and extra resources, it can create long-term income.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!