How to Take Great Screenshots of Web Pages
It’s important to take great screenshots because as a web designer, you want to create a portfolio and you want to show off your work. There’s something about seeing the entire page in a screenshot, as opposed to just hyperlinking to the website.
- Snagit 03:20
- This is a paid software that can record videos, take full page screenshot captures, and make annotations. It is a very powerful tool.
- The full page screenshots are a really unique feature because you can also capture specific areas of the page, such as the website without the sidebars.
- Full Page Screen Capture 05:32
- This free software is a Chrome extension, so it only works with Chrome. You install it as an extension and then it becomes just a button on the toolbar of your browser.
- When you want to take a screenshot or screen capture of the entire page, all you do is click the button.
- If you want a simple solution that can take a full page screen capture, then this tool is for you.
- Awesome Screenshot 07:38
- This software is also a Chrome extension, as well as a Firefox extension. It works best when taking a screen shot of a static page.
- What made David and Tim move away from this platform was that it didn’t play well with Parallax and it didn’t play well with animation or headers.
- The old fashion way… 09:37
- For Apple users, you can always take old fashion screenshots using commands.
- Command Shift 3 — will take a screenshot of your desktop.
- Command Shift 4 — will let you select the portion that you want to take a screenshot of.
- It doesn’t work for full page screen captures, but it works for a quick screenshot.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!