The Value of and How to Find Strategic Partner
- Coopetition — the value of working with your competitors 00:43
- David and Tim are technically competitors. They both work in WordPress, and more specifically in the Divi space.
- “We realized a few years ago that hey why don’t we help each other out instead of trying to compete against each other.”
- Even though you might be in the same space as someone else, that doesn’t mean that you can’t complement each other.
- David and Tim will be speaking at WordCamp Phoenix on February 17th on the topic of “Coopetition: Banding together with your competition to help grow your business”.
- Ways to find potential partners 04:49
- David and Tim met through Facebook groups. You could also meet a potential strategic partner at a conference or meet up.
- Look for people who have a “we” mindset instead of a “me” mindset.
- Other benefits and cross promotion opportunities 07:05
- You might even be able to partner on products. David, Tim, and other Divi developers combined products to create an Ultimate Divi Bundle.
- Even your direct competitors may have a slightly different audience than you. This can create opportunities to cross promote your products to each other’s audiences.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!