3 User Experience Web Design Trends of the Future
- Pop ups or overlays as a design tool 01:10
- Pop ups have been around for a long time, but using these as a design tool is a fairly new concept.
- What you are essentially doing is giving the visitor access to more content, without having to load another page.
- Tim created a plugin called Divi Overlays to create this effect. When a user clicks a button for more information, a pop up or overlay will come up with the information. This is more convenient and faster than having to load a new page.
- Personalized content 03:06
- Another user experience trend is to personalize your content based on the user’s actions.
- For example, you can create a different experience for when users are logged in or logged out.
- David recently did a whole video on this topic over at Divi.space.
- This is also huge for e-commerce. You can base content off of products recently viewed and other actions.
- Fetching content via Ajax 04:29
- This is similar to the first point in that you are giving the visitor more content without having to reload the page.
- For example, when you write an email in Gmail, it doesn’t open a new page for your email. It loads the email in the corner of your screen through Ajax.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!