How to Start a Blog with WordPress – The Quickstart Guide
- Choose a host 01:19
- Install WordPress 02:00
- We recommend installing WordPress manually, instead of using a script, unless you are using WP Engine. Their install is secure.
- Choose a theme 02:29
- Obviously, we are huge Divi fans! It has great drag and drop features to help you build a website.
- There are so many options out there for WordPress themes, so find one that you like and suites your needs.
- Start writing 03:01
- If you’re going to start a blog with WordPress, you’ve got to start writing!
- Think about what subjects you want to cover and get into the habit of writing consistently.
- Choose a topic that you are passionate about, so you will continue to want to write about it over time.
- Hit publish 04:33
- Don’t wait for everything to be perfect. Just hit publish!
- You can always edit it further later.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!