How Often Should Your eCommerce Store Run a Sale?
- How often and why? 01:44
- Once per quarter or 4-5 times per year.
- It’s tempting to run sales more often because they do give you that boost of business. However, the scarcity of a sale is what makes them work so well.
- What happens when you run too many sales 02:08
- It devalues your products. It also desensitizes your customers to when you actually do have a sale on your eCommerce website.
- It also depends on where you’re at in your business. If you are a new business, run more sales to get in front of more people. If you are a more established business, run fewer sales.
- When you have too many sales, your customers may start to wonder if something is wrong with your product. It looks like you’re having trouble selling your product.
- Focus on the big sale times each year 03:59
- 4th quarter is the biggest sales time during the year. Think Black Friday, Christmas, etc.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!