How Social Media Benefits Your Website
- “If your blog is your microphone for your business, then social media is the speaker.” 01:00
- David and Tim are both experts in Divi which allows them to speed up their workflow.
- Social Media should drive traffic back to your website, not be the destination 01:58
- Facebook can ban you, change their algorithm, or do anything else they want. You don’t control that traffic or platform. They own any content you publish on there.
- Social Media can also help build trust, authenticity & community around your brand. 02:47
- This happens by being able to directly and publicly engage with your audience
- A lot of times people will publicly complain about a company’s product or service on social media. This is a great opportunity to show other potential customers how you handle customer service requests.
- Additionally, replying to comments and engaging with followers helps build community.
- Lastly, engaging on social media helps your posts get seen.
- Social Media can help you in search rankings 05:45
- Google and other search engines have adapted their algorithms to take social media engagement into account. If an article has a lot of shares, comments, likes, etc. then it must be well liked by people, and therefore search engines will rank it higher. It’s a “signal” that tells the search engines that you’re credible and authoritative.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?