7 Steps To Take When Launching A New Website
- Step #1: Make sure that your website is optimized 01:35
- Check that your images are optimized and that your site is optimized for mobile.
- Check out episode 22 for more information on how to optimize your website.
- Step #2: Update your on-page SEO 02:43
- You need to do everything you can to help the search engines index your content and find you.
- This means adding title tags, header tags, and internal links.
- Check out episode 40 for more SEO tips for your website.
- Resource: Yoast plugin
- Step #3: Create a sitemap 04:02
- You’ll want to create a sitemap to help search engines read your content.
- Step #4: Check your robots.txt file 04:51
- There is a setting on your WordPress site for this. You’ll want to uncheck the box that says “discourage search engines”. If this box is checked, your site will not be indexed by search engines.
- Step #5: Set up analytics 05:52
- You’ll want to set up Google Analytics to see where your traffic is coming from, what your visitors are looking at, and more.
- Step #6: Set up Google Search Console 07:02
- This is where you will submit your sitemaps to Google.
- This tool can also help you find index errors and give you some insight into your keyword rankings.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?