The Top 3 Ways to Migrate a WordPress Website
- Migrate using a plugin 00:55
- Migrate using Cpanel 02:10
- If you are transferring sites from different hosting companies, the site that you are migrating from as well as a site that you are migrating to both need to have the traditional Cpanel.
- Within Cpanel, there is a tool that lets you migrate the site easily by packaging all of your website information into one file that you can then upload into the other Cpanel.
- Migrate the site manually 03:18
- This process includes about 7 steps. Once you get the hang of this process, it’s actually pretty easy and probably the most effective way to migrate a WordPress website. Watch this tutorial by Josh Hall to learn more about how to do this.
- It’s also good to know how to do this because it forces you to break down the website and understand how it works.
- Another reason to do this method is because plugins can sometimes fail.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!