7 Mobile SEO Best Practices
- Page speed/loading time 02:12
- You want your pages to load as quickly as possible because mobile users are on the go.
- Consider Google AMP 02:47
- AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- This framework helps to optimize your website for mobile.
- Optimize images 04:49
- You want your images to be as small as possible without losing image quality.
- For more information on this topic, check out episode 64.
- Tone down pop-ups 05:27
- On mobile, screen space is very valuable. Users don’t want to see pop-ups on mobile.
- Minify JS and CSS 07:21
- This will help your website load so much faster.
- Two plugins that can help you do this are WP Rocket and WP Super Cache
- Make touchable elements touchable 09:10
- Seems like it would be common sense, but designing for desktop is very different than designing on mobile.
- Some desktop features will need to be turned off for mobile.
- Use responsive design 10:08
- The days of a separate mobile website are over. Use responsive design for your website.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?