5 Things You Should Do in a WordPress Facebook Group
In episode 347, we talked about the things you shouldn’t do in a WordPress Facebook group. Now, we are going to talk about the things you should do.
- Be helpful 01:11
- If people have questions and you have the answer, then jump in and contribute!
- That’s the beauty of Facebook groups. No one is paid to be there.
- Be positive and encouraging 01:52
- Don’t be mean!
- It’s unfortunate to have to say this, but some people are just not nice.
- There’s no reason to snap at someone and say “this question has been asked a million times!”
- Everyone is at a different place in their journey. Be helpful when you can.
- Don’t be afraid to participate 03:19
- A small percentage of Facebook group members actively participate.
- Most are lurkers who look at the content, but don’t participate.
- Sometimes it can feel strange to jump into these conversations, but once you get in you’ll start to really benefit from the community aspect.
- Don’t be afraid to give away your best secrets/advice 04:27
- Don’t be afraid to help people. You’re not going to ruin your business by giving away your best marketing secrets.
- Most people aren’t “doers” or “executors”. Not everyone is going to execute on your advice, so the people who do will really appreciate it.
- Assist the admins in reporting spam 05:24
- Don’t assume that the admins will automatically see spam posts.
- Help the admins and report these posts when you see them.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!