Why You Should Spend Time Creating a Custom 404 Page
- It’s a great opportunity to market 01:02
- Most people just use the built-in 404 page that comes with their theme. This is such a missed opportunity. Having a custom 404 page will make your website really stand out.
- If someone lands on your 404 page, you can lead them to other links on the website or your most popular products. Try to anticipate what they were looking for or send them where you want them to go. Also, include a search bar, so visitors can look for other content.
- Google likes cross linking 02:06
- Link to your most popular blog posts and products.
- Google likes to see this kind of cross linking on your website. It will help you with SEO rankings.
- People like humor 02:39
- If you put something creative out there, people will appreciate it.
- They will be more likely to stick around on your website.
- Check out David’s custom 404 page for Divi.space!
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!