How to Fix Insecure Content Warnings on WordPress Websites
- What does this error mean? 00:48
- Essentially, it means that there is an error with your SSL certificate. Your website is loading through https, but content is still coming through your site as http, so you get insecure content warnings.
- Fix #1 01:54
- You can use a plugin called SSL Insecure Content Fixer.
- Installing this plugin on your website will fix the problem easily.
- Just make sure that you keep the plugin installed on your site, or you may get the error again.
- Fix #2 02:23
- A more permanent solution is to use a plugin called Better Search and Replace.
- With this solution, you will be searching for all of the http content file paths throughout your database and replacing with https.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?