Why You Should Be Using Contracts With Your Clients
- Reason #1: A contract clearly defines the project, which protects you and the client 01:31
- It states what the project will be and how much it will cost.
- Contracts are for both parties, they should protect you and the client.
- If you ever see a one-sided contract, don’t sign it.
- Reason #2: A contract helps to prevent scope creep 02:24
- Scope creep is a not-so-affectionate term in the web design business that describes when a project begins to move outside of a clearly defined scope of work.
- Reason #3: A contract clearly outlines the expectations on both sides 04:59
- Because contracts are two-sided, the contract needs to outline what the client is expected to deliver to you in order to complete the job.
- You don’t want to get halfway into a project and the client say “I thought you were writing all the website copy and providing the images.”
- Reason # 4: A contract allows you to offer upsell services later on 05:50
- If a client wants to change the scope of the project, you can add additional services on top of the original project.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!