Should Your Web Design Business Specialize in a Niche
- Short answer: Yes. 01:36
- David and Tim both agree that life could have been much easier if they had focused in an a specific niche when starting their companies.
- For example, if you make a few websites for dentists, you are now an expert in this niche and can pitch other dentists based on your portfolio.
- Being an expert in a niche leads to more projects 02:11
- If you are an expert in dentist websites, you’ll get more referrals from dentists. You know why? Because dentists hang out with other dentists!
- When you specialize in a niche, you learn the ins and outs of that type of website. A dentist website would be very different from a plumbing website or a landscaping website.
- However… you need to pay the bills. 03:04
- In the beginning of your web design business, you don’t want to turn down potential projects just because they don’t fit your niche. You do still have to pay the bills.
- One way to start building up your niche while taking on other clients would be to create a separate website for your niche. You can still feature all of your work on your portfolio, but this will start establishing you as an expert.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?