Why Site Architecture is Important When Designing Websites
- Every page should have a purpose 01:19
- Whether it’s to sell a product, acquire emails, or just to educate/inform the consumer, every page should have a purpose.
- This purpose will come into play when designing the page and the website overall.
- Design is important, but content is king 01:44
- Search engines judge your website based on the content.
- You need to plan out exactly what you want a customer to do when they come to your website.
- The content that you put on your site is what Google will rank you for. If you focus on just the design, what will you rank for?
- The right content in the right order will guide the user to whatever the goal of the page is 03:02
- If the goal is to buy a product, you want to have the right calls-to-action.
- If the goal is to inform, then you want the user to find the right information as quickly as possible.
- A good way to measure this is your bounce rate. If the bounce rate is high on your page, then the users are not finding what they are looking for. This is a good opportunity to revisit your site architecture and your website goals.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!