Our Thoughts on Gutenberg
- Gutenberg is officially released. Here’s what we know… 01:07
- The “State of the Word” address at WordCamp US really showed why the Gutenberg update is important.
- Many functionalities that we take for granted (due to being familiar with page builders) are actually very difficult to do in the basic WordPress editor.
- WordPress powers 32% of websites on the internet. A lot of these are DIY users and this will be a huge improvement for them.
- Gutenberg will make WordPress much more user friendly for DIY users.
- It’s got a long way to go, but it’s a great start. 06:25
- This growth will most likely be driven by third party companies and products for Gutenberg.
- What does this mean for page builders? 07:25
- Short answer: Nothing.
- Page builders will continue to thrive. They serve a different purpose.
- Gutenberg will keep these premium page builders on their toes, which is good! It means that these products will have to be very high quality.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!