How to Properly Perform Updates
- Keep a live backup/staging environment on a development domain 01:41
- Keep it updated about once a week.
- This is where you test out the updates and troubleshoot any issues before updating the live site.
- Keep a current backup of the site 04:33
- For a smaller brochure type website with 3-5 pages, you may not want to keep a staging environment.
- In this case, a backup could be sufficient. If something breaks, restore the backup until you figure out what went wrong.
- Thoroughly test every page 05:43
- It’s easy to just want to check the homepage and call it a day, but what if that one update broke the contact form and you didn’t check that page?
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!