How to Prepare for Last Minute Promotions Like Black Friday
- Yesterday we talked about preparing for big promotions 00:38
- But what if you didn’t plan months in advance and now suddenly Black Friday is this week? Should you miss out on all the fun? No! There are still some things you can do to prepare for last minute promotions.
- Create an amazing offer that is specific to your audience 01:54
- If you didn’t have much of an audience yet, your offer could be more generic, but in this case you want to be really specific.
- Do something more than just a discount 02:57
- If you offer a discount, it’s going to look very last minute. Make your offer creative. Make it stand out!
- Obviously, this will depend on what type of business you run. We never recommend discounting your rates if you are a service based business because you are discounting your time. Instead, for example, you could productize your services and discount that.
- So, if you are a photographer, you can offer mini family portrait sessions with 10 edited photos and then offer a special price for the holidays. The key is to know exactly how long a task will take you and be able to easily replicate it. You can have all the families come to the same location on the same day for their photoshoots and then batch edit all the photos.
- If you’ve got an email list, put together an email sequence 04:43
- In our Divi Business Expert course, there is a short window of time to sign up. We have a specific sequence to keep our audience informed of what is going on. Your Black Friday and holiday promotions should be the same way.
- You might do something like an email before the sale (talking about why it’s so awesome, when it starts, and what is included), an email when everything goes live, an email during the sale, and an email as the sale is about to end.
- You want many touchpoints with your customers during this timeframe. There is so much going on and there is a good chance that your customer will forget about you if you don’t remind them.
- The reason that sales work is because of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). Customers don’t want to pay more later when they could save now. FOMO is at an all time high during Black Friday. Tap into that in your marketing materials for these last minute promotions!
- David is bringing back his lifetime membership only for Black Friday.
- Tim is creating exclusive bundles that are only available for Black Friday.
- If you don’t have an existing audience… 09:07
- You can still get in on the Black Friday action! Your best route here is Facebook ads.
- You probably have an idea of who your products are for, even if you haven’t built up your audience yet. This is a great way to target your offer to those people.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!