How to Manage Your Website Comments
- Have a comment policy 00:32
- When you get any trolls or spammers on your website, you can direct them to this policy.
- This also applies for people who complain that their comments didn’t get published.
- We also recommend that you use a spam blocking plugin. Episode 216 talks about how to use plugins to block WordPress comment spam.
- Mention the type of comments that you encourage 01:43
- Give examples of what you expect people to say.
- For example, comments that provide additional insight, encouragement, other perspectives, etc.
- Also include the types of comments that you will not accept 02:47
- Give examples of what you will not allow in the comments, i.e. spam comments, hateful comments, self-promotion etc.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!