How to Fix the Server Error “Preventing Possible Attempt to Enumerate Users”
- Tim came across this error the other day 00:45
- He was checking his server logs and this error kept popping up.
- After some research, he determined that it was a bot attack that was attempting to figure out usernames for his website, to then do a brute force attack.
- How to fix this server error 01:39
- Follow the instructions in this article by Kevin Leary about how to fix this server error.
- Be sure to check out Episode 341 about why you should check your server log files.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!