How to fix the “Destination Folder Already Exists” Error in WordPress
- Remove the folder that already exists 01:06
- Access your files via FTP or your cPanel and remove the file that is giving you an error in WordPress.
- This error can happen when you try to upload a plugin or theme that is already on your website.
- When you delete the original folder, the new upload will go through.
- The settings and content will be saved to the database, so you shouldn’t lose anything by deleting the folder and re-uploading the plugin or theme.
- Rename the folder 02:13
- Go into your FTP or cPanel and rename the folder in the file manager.
- This should fix the error in WordPress, so that you can upload the new file.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!