How to Deal With Non-Responsive Clients to Move Projects Forward
- Don’t let the client talk you into using temporary placeholder content 01:46
- If a client is taking their time getting content to you, it will be tempting to just find some placeholder content to put in.
- Don’t do this. You’ll have to do double the work and the design will change based on the images, text length, etc.
- Stand your ground with the non-responsive client and let them know that you need the content before moving forward.
- Have a clause in your contract that prevents clients from dragging their feet and going MIA 02:42
- Put some deadlines in your contract that says “client will provide content by x date”.
- Make sure the contract says that even if the client does not provide the content by x date, you still get paid on time.
- Some companies even use an incentive to keep clients on track. You can give a discount to clients that meet deadlines or make them pay an additional fee if they miss deadlines.
- Communicate weekly 04:07
- Even if the client is not responding, communicate weekly.
- It’s tempting to just let them be and resume the project when they respond, but that can stretch a project way longer than necessary.
- You have other projects to worry about and need to know where your priorities stand to get work done on time.
- Remind clients of deadlines and expectations 05:03
- If you’ve done all of the things mentioned above and the client is still non-responsive, then remind the client that you have other projects and it’s important to keep on schedule.
- If they can’t keep on schedule, then they will get moved to the bottom of the priority list and it will take even longer to get the website finished.
- No client wants to be your lowest priority.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!