Should You Choose a Unique Top Level Domain Extension for Your Website?
- There are many options for top level domain extensions now 01:09
- It used to be that if you couldn’t get the .com, then you just found a different domain name.
- Now you have more options. You’ve got .blog, .agency, .solutions, .design, .io, and more.
- So should you use one other than .com? 01:31
- Sure! Why not.
- There is no penalty for using other top level domain extensions. Google doesn’t show favoritism in search results to .com websites.
- If you do use a unique top level domain extension 02:40
- Make it part of your brand and use it in the logo, design, and promotion of your company!
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!