How to Automatically Generate Your WordPress Salt Keys
- What are salt keys? 00:47
- Back in Episode 229, we talked about what salt keys are and how to change them manually.
- How to change your WordPress salt keys automatically 01:13
- There is actually a plugin in the WordPress repository called Salt Shaker that will do this for you.
- When your salt keys are regenerated, it will cause everyone on your site to have to log in again.
- Put this plugin in your template install 03:15
- That way you always have unique salt keys and can configure when to generate new salt keys.
- If this is part of your template install, then you don’t have to worry about doing this manually for each new site.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!