5 Things to Do on Your WordPress Website for the New Year
- Upgrade to PHP 7 00:57
- David and Tim highly recommend upgrading. You’ll notice a drastic improvement in website speed and the whole nine yards.
- Create a Dependable Back Up Strategy 02:15
- In episode 33, David and Tim mentioned the reasons why you need a backup strategy for your WordPress website.
- It’s important to backup your website and client websites often, so you don’t lose anything.
- David and Tim talked about their biggest mistakes and what happens when you don’t have a backup strategy in episode 5.
- Change Your Passwords 03:25
- Another good thing to do at the beginning of the year is to change all of your passwords.
- Use a software like LastPass or 1password to manage all of your passwords with a master password.
- If you are using the same password for everything, you’re much more likely to get hacked. If a hacker gets your password for one website, then they will have access to your other websites too.
- Delete Unused Plugins 05:59
- The beginning of the year is a great time to go through your plugins and delete ones that you no longer need.
- It’s important to actually delete the plugins, instead of just deactivating them. Deactivating used plugins isn’t sufficient because they still use up resources on your website.
- Delete Revisions & Optimize Database 06:27
- These are two of the ways to reduce database bloat on your WordPress website. David and Tim mention more ways in episode 97.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!