5 Current Web Design Trends You Should Use Sparingly
- Animations 01:05
- Animations in the last year have become really awesome.
- Our other podcast DiviChat uses animations in a cool, but subtle way.
- The problem with animations is when they go overboard. For example, say you are looking at a web page and you see one animation. Then, suddenly you scroll down the page and animations start flying at you all over the place.
- Parallax 02:08
- Parallax got really big a few years back and it is a really cool feature, but you have to use it sparingly.
- If you are just building a standard website, you probably don’t need this feature.
- However, if you are telling a story with the website, then you can have fun with it.
- Hover effects 03:32
- Just because you can use 50 million hover effects, doesn’t mean that you should. It just gets distracting.
- The more effects and features you add to your website, the lower your conversion will be. You want to always keep the customer journey in mind.
- Shadows 04:12
- Shadows have been around for awhile and are now coming back into style.
- As with the other web design trends, use them in moderation. You don’t need a shadow effect on everything.
- If you are going to add in shadows, use a soft shadow vs a hard shadow. When done correctly, shadows can look very tasteful.
- Section dividers 05:05
- Many websites are using various forms of section dividers, from squiggly lines to animations.
- These can look very nice when used purposely. Again, use moderation as to not overdo it.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?