3 Ways to Productize Your Web Design Business
- Themes and layouts 01:17
- If you keep getting feedback that one of your client sites is really great, make it into a theme that you can sell to end users!
- You won’t want to sell the exact site of course, but you have make some updates, change the content, and package it for selling on your website.
- Plugins 02:23
- The thought of coding your own plugin may be stressful if you don’t know much about development.
- However, we’re going to let you in on a secret. David and Tim sell plugins on their websites, but neither of them built these plugins themselves. They both have developers on their team to do the actual coding.
- So if you have an idea for a plugin, hire someone to build it for you.
- Productize your services 03:54
- Another way to productize your web design business is to productize your services.
- For example, David had the idea when he first started building websites to do a package like “website in a day”. He would build a basic website that looked fantastic, and all in a day.
- Another way to productize would be to niche down. If you create websites for dentists, you’ll use similar features over and over. You can package these and sell to this specific market.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!