Our WordPress Plugin and Theme Update Process
- Perform updates on a staging website first 00:53
- The first step in our plugin and theme update process is to perform any updates on a staging website instead of your actual website.
- This way you can test to see if there will be any problems before you update your own website.
- If you are updating your own website, always follow this!
- If you are updating a brochure type website for a client, then you can probably get away with taking a backup before updating.
- Once everything looks good, backup and update during a low traffic time 03:20
- Whenever your traffic is low (maybe late at night or on the weekend), make a backup of your website and then perform your updates.
- Then test, test, test again! Catch any problems during these low traffic periods.
- We have this nifty feature on the WP the Podcast website 04:18
- It allows you to search by topic!
- So if you want to learn more about your update processes, you can search for it!
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?