Why Web Designers Must be Marketers
- Designing for aesthetics doesn’t increase conversion 00:58
- Whether you are designing for yourself or for a client, you need to think about designing for conversion.
- Something like looks nice, may not always be easy to understand or follow in the customer journey.
- Being the expert for a client will build trust and offer value 02:52
- Clients want to know that you can create a website that will benefit their business.
- By knowing about marketing from a design perspective, you’ll be able to be the expert and guide the client where they want to go.
- This is a skill that you can learn over time. Find a mentor or take some classes and you’ll start to incorporate this into your business.
- Having this skill means that you can upsell more services 04:17
- If you know about email list building, e-commerce marketing, SEO, content marketing, or other specific marketing skills, you can upsell these services to your clients.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?