Why You Should Be Using A Transactional Email Service
- Reason #1: Deliverability 01:41
- Your web server isn’t optimized to send email, so sometimes it just won’t.
- WordPress can send out these emails, such as password resets, but the deliverability is not great.
- As you have more and more visitors or customers on your website, the likelihood that emails will not be delivered from your web server increases.
- Reason #2: Bandwidth 03:30
- If your hosting is charging for bandwidth, you don’t want to use it up on emails.
- Reason #3: Records 04:17
- A transactional email service will have a record of all emails sent.
- You can see if the email was successfully delivered and whether it was opened or not. You also have the ability to send the email again.
- You’ll also be able to see overall reporting, etc.
- Reason # 4: Multiple IP addresses 05:49
- A transactional email service will use different servers and IP addresses, so you don’t have to worry about your one email getting blacklisted.
Recommended transactional email services: Mandrill, SendGrid, and Mailgun