Why You Should Use a Template Install for Every New Site You Create
- It’s easy and saves you lots of time! 00:56
- When you create a new WordPress install, there are tasks that you do every single time.
- Instead of repeating these tasks over and over, you can actually create a template install that you can use as a starting point for any site that you create.
- How to do this 02:01
- Tim uses WP Engine to set this up. He creates a new install from a copy and uses that as a template.
- David recommends the plugin All-in-one WP Migration or Updraft Plus.
- Create a blank install with all of the plugins and settings that you want, then use this as your template and make a copy.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?