Why You Should Use Plugins With Google Analytics
- Should you use a plugin or manual code with Google Analytics? 00:23
- The most popular plugin you might use is Monster Insights.
- You could also manually put code into the header.php file.
- So what makes the plugin route better?
- Ease of use 01:33
- All you have to do is insert your 16 digit Google Analytics UA code into the plugin. That’s it!
- For eCommerce sites and tracking purchases 02:10
- If you are using a plugin like Monster Insights (pro version), you can enable eCommerce tracking.
- Plugins bring in valuable reporting data into your WordPress dashboard 03:57
- This makes it super convenient to see your analytics. You don’t have to sign in directly to your Google Analytics.
- GDPR 04:56
- Google Analytics collects IP address information.
- If you use a plugin like Monster Insights, you can make these IP addresses anonymous, complying with GDPR rules and also still giving you useful data.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!