The Pros and Cons of Running a WordPress Product Company
- Pro: Consistent revenue 02:10
- When you are running a WordPress product company, you don’t have to worry about the “feast or famine” of being overwhelmed or underwhelmed by client projects.
- Con: Competition is steep 03:05
- There are a lot of WordPress developers out there because there is a low barrier to entry.
- You’re really going to have to up your game on the marketing side to be successful.
- Pro: No more dealing with PITA (Pain in the Ass) clients! 03:55
- Usually clients who pay the least also demand the most…
- When you are running a WordPress product company, you don’t need to worry about client work anymore!
- Con: Never ending stream of technical support requests 04:38
- When you create a product, expect to have technical problems. It’s just going to happen.
- Pro: You can scale bigger and faster than as a freelancer 05:25
- You’ll spend time investing time and money in a product, but then it’s done and you can sell it over and over!
- Con: Never ending bugs and incompatibilities 06:06
- Plugins and themes are constantly updating, which means that you will be constantly updating your products.
- Pro: You can take your audience into other ventures 06:57
- When people invest in your brand, they will usually be interested in your other projects.
- Con: Constant innovation 08:33
- You need to be constantly creating new products to stay relevant.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!