Process Mapping What It Is and Why You Should Be Doing It
- Why you should be doing it 00:33
- What works for you as a solopreneur, will not work for you as you grow your company. You need to have processes in place.
- If you know that you are going to scale, you should start working on this now.
- Six Sigma and the two different types 02:25
- Six Sigma is a type of process mapping for project management. You can get a certification for Six Sigma.
- There are two different types, DMADV and DMAIC.
- DMADV is used for defining new processes.
- DMAIC is more for fine tuning existing processes.
- David gives an example for using DMADV 04:15
- David used this method to create processes for his team.
- DMADV stands for:
- D — Define process and define goals.
- M — Measure (and identify) critical-to-quality aspects of your process/product, including risks and production capabilities.
- A — Analyze to develop process designs and evaluate to select the best design for your process.
- D — Design process details and optimize your design. Test your design(s).
- V — Verify the chosen design for your process with pilot-testing. Implement and monitor the new process.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!