Personal Brand vs Company Brand for Web Design
- David’s experience 01:17
- David has a business partner for Aspen Grove Studios, so it would be harder to use branding for David Blackmon. It makes more sense to use company branding.
- Tim’s experience 02:21
- The client side of Tim’s business is branded as Tim Strifler Online Solutions. He does have a team of people helping him run his business, but the company is still branded as Tim Strifler.
- Personal branding 02:56
- You may not be seen as established compared to company brand. Some people like working with a one person company, but the bigger clients may prefer a larger company.
- A big pro of personal branding is that people get to know you.
- Company branding 04:07
- If you plan to scale your business and go after bigger clients, then company branding might be better long term.
- Additionally, you could sell your business much easier when it’s branded to a company name versus your personal name.
- It depends on what your goals are 04:55
- If you are plan to focus on client work, then you might want to use a company name.
- If you are planning on being a motivational speaker, an author, a coach, or anything along those lines, then you might want to use your personal name instead.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!