Do You Need a Formal Education to be a Good Web Developer?
- Nah 00:59
- In this day and age, you can learn most anything about web development online.
- At one point, it was necessary to get a college degree (or at least expected). Now, not so much.
- If you’re going to be a doctor, go to college. If you want to be a web developer, enroll in the university of YouTube.
- When you should have a formal education 03:30
- If you want to work for a large company, they will probably still require some sort of formal education.
- For this you can get a degree in web development or computer science, but another good option could be a B.A. Business Administration will give you variety of options for careers and a great overall understanding of business.
- So what should you do? 04:00
- Well if you are faced with having to get a degree to work for a company, David recommends working for yourself.
- There is a ton of work to be had out there in the WordPress world. Work for yourself and don’t worry about getting a formal education in web design.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!