Why You Need Better Hosting for eCommerce
- Hosting is so important 00:40
- Most eCommerce sites don’t think about how important hosting is for their business.
- eCommerce websites have different needs than other websites and your hosting needs to be able to handle these needs.
- Not all pages can be cached on an eCommerce site 01:14
- If you are a small mom and pop website, then you can get away with cheaper hosting.
- But if you are an eCommerce site and you’re handling payment information, you need better hosting because you have pages like “add to cart” and “checkout” that can’t be fully cached.
- Transactions take more website resources 01:51
- When the transaction hits the database, it takes up more resources than a typical static page.
- This is another reason you need special hosting for eCommerce.
- Think about “scalability” 03:31
- Your current hosting may be fine, but will it hold up as your traffic increases?
- Check out Episode 46 to learn more about hosting companies.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!