Should You Let Clients Use Your Premium Plugin & Theme Licenses?
- Tim’s recommendation 01:23
- Tim will typically leave the licenses on the site, as long as he is still in contact with the client and managing their site (maintenance package, etc).
- If he is just handing over the site, he will usually take the licenses off the site and direct the client to purchase their own.
- Have clear communication with the client 01:58
- You need to make sure that you factor these options into the proposal and that the client knows the costs associated.
- The client needs to know that they need these licenses in order to update the theme and plugins.
- Check your licensing before using it on a client site 02:19
- Most themes and plugins will let you use the product on a client site, but not all of them will. Make sure that you have an “unlimited license” if you are going to use a theme or plugin for your client.
- Otherwise the client will need to purchase their own license.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?