How to Prevent Scope Creep
- Have an “iron clad” contract (“out of scope work clause”) 01:55
- an “out of scope” clause says that anything not in the contract will be deemed “out of scope” and will be billed hourly at a rate of X/hour.
- Have Clear Communication with Your Client 02:40
- Make sure this happens all throughout the projects, not just at the beginning
- “No is a complete sentence” 03:20
- We want to please our clients, and make them happy with their website. But this can sometimes get us into trouble by saying yes to something that wasn’t agreed on.
- Clear Expectations from both sides (both verbal and in contract) 04:38
- this needs to apply to the content, the design, the implementation of the site, etc.
- you want to avoid surprises on every front
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?