What is Google AMP and Should You Use It?
- What is it? 00:30
- Google AMP is an acronym for Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- It basically means really super fast websites on mobile.
- Google came out with this technology to strip down pages for faster load times. It strips down the page to just the words and images. It may not look as fancy, but it loads much faster.
- Should you use it? 02:11
- It just depends.
- If you have a brochure website that doesn’t update very often, you probably don’t need it.
- As a rule of thumb, use Google AMP on blogs and news sites. This content is more straight forward, makes sense stripped down, and benefits from faster load times.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!