Our Free Blogging Guideline Template and Why You Should Use It
- Image optimization 02:14
- The first task we recommend in our free blogging guideline template is to optimize all of your images.
- Images can take up a ton of space on your website!
- David makes all the images on his website 1200 px wide. This translates well to Facebook and email campaigns. That way he doesn’t have to make a bunch of images.
- Make sure comments are turned on 03:14
- Before you publish the post, make sure comments are turned on specifically for that post.
- Make sure your links work correctly 03:46
- Double check and triple check all of your links!
- You don’t want broken links, especially for affiliate products!
- Make sure your posts are at least 500 – 1,000 words 04:34
- 1,000 + is definitely the sweet spot for search engines.
- You want your content to be in depth, but not unnecessarily long.
- Put no more than 3 sentences per paragraph 05:25
- If you notice paragraphs on the bigger blogs, the content is more broken up.
- It’s easier for the reader to digest the information.
- Make sure your content is in depth and valuable, not promotional 06:45
- If you produce valuable content, in your niche, then people will stay on your website because they are learning from you.
- All content needs to be 100% original 07:22
- Search engines can tell if content has been taken from other places, so be sure to write all original content.
- If the content has been featured somewhere else, change it up and write from a different perspective. Put some kind of new twist on it to make it different.
- Get yourself a copy editor 08:07
- Have someone proof all of your work before you publish.
- Your eyes can get numb to seeing something over and over again.
- It’s always good to have a second pair of eyes looking over your content.
- That’s it for our free blogging guideline template!
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!