Can I use WordPress Multisite to Host Client Sites?
- What is a multisite? 00:23
- WordPress multisite allows you to run an unlimited number of websites under the same WordPress installation.
- The benefit is that you can update plugins and themes once.
- So can you use these for client sites? 01:56
- Yes! But there are some conditions.
- Tim only puts certain types of client sites in his multisite. These are the brochure type static websites.
- For clients that have a lot of traffic or eCommerce, he would use a separate WordPress install.
- David doesn’t use multisites for clients, but he does use them for the demo themes on his website.
- You also need to make sure that any plugins that you want to use across sites is multisite compatible.
- If you’re unsure about it… 04:20
- Then just stick with separate installs.
- If you want to do more research, WPMU DEV has a lot of awesome content and tutorials around multisite.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?