Adaptability in Business, and How it Costs These Two Companies
- This topic is based on an interview with Jeff Bezos of Amazon 00:33
- It’s an older interview from 1999. At this point, Amazon was just starting to get a lot of attention.
- Two companies were referenced in this interview, Sears and Barnes & Noble, for being dominant at the time.
- It’s interesting to contrast these companies then and now. They barely exist in comparison to what they were in 1999.
- These companies did not adapt 02:06
- Amazon came in, changed the face of retail, and impacted both of these industries.
- This happens a lot, where companies that have been around awhile are afraid (or just don’t want) to adapt to new ways.
- It’s important to be flexible in business 03:01
- Keep up with the trends in your field (especially in technology) and don’t be afraid to make changes.
- Adaptability in business is extremely important.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!